Wednesday, August 3, 2011

False Amber Alert kidnapped teen from Antioch, California

Did you notice that I didn’t post this Amber Alert as I have others? Why? Because my sleuthing skills whirled a clue in front of my eyes that the fictional crime-solving Jessica Fletcher would have noticed immediately.

The robber [Eric Lerone Walker] ordered him [16-year old] at gunpoint to drive the Yukon, police and Holmes said.” You say, so what? Lots of 16-year olds drive. Here’s a second look. Robber takes car keys from barbershop owner, then points sawed-off shotgun at a young man entering the shop and demands the youth drive the owner’s 1996 Yukon as a get-away vehicle. Duh? The Jessica Fletcher question: How did the robber know the young man he “abducted” could drive? As sure as 1+1=two, I knew Jessica Fletcher would spot this pair as friends who partnered this robbery.

I could have posted this blog within minutes of the Amber Alert, but then the police might suspect I knew something about the robbery instead of being an avid mystery fan. Even though I like to think I’m a super sleuth, this was a faked kidnapping so clear that even Jessica Fletcher’s nephew could have figured it out while she was off in Cabot Cove writing another mystery book.



No comments: